Opacity Level*: Blackout – Fabric blocks all outside light (when lowered) for total privacy. It also prevents shadows and silhouettes.
Fabric Composition: 3 ply vinyl.1 ply fiberglass
White to Streetside Appearance: Yes
*For inside mount, there will be a light gap and a secondary treatment (curtains or drapery) is recommended for total privacy; otherwise, an outside mount with overlap is recommended
BaliRoller Shades are Ideal For:
·Offering a solution for light control (sheer to blackout fabrics)
·Blocking damaging UV Rays
Cleaning and Care Information:
·Roller Shade Fabrics: virtually maintenance free. If the shade is dusty, simply vacuum over it using an upholstery attachment. A feather duster can also be used to gently remove dust. Shades may also be gently wiped with a clean damp cloth. Allow the shade to dry completely before raising. Do not completely immerse.
Fabric Disclaimers: To ensure color consistency and avoid dye lot variation, please order all shades for the same room at the same time. Due to the nature of the weaving process, some imperfection in the weave is normal.
Pattern Alignment: Due to the random design of some solar and roller fabric weaves, exact alignment of the pattern across shades or fabric-wrapped cornices used on multiple windows is not possible, nor is centering of patterns across the width of single shades or height of fabric-wrapped cornices.
All Mounting Hardware Included!
· Standard: The brackets are versatile in which they can be back mounted, side mounted, or ceiling mounted.
· Projection Brackets: Available in either 3 1/4” or 4” to extend the back of the shade away from the mounting surface to clear any obstructions.
· Hold Down Brackets: Not recommended with motorization. The bottom rail inserts into brackets to prevent swaying on doors and areas with high wind exposure.
· Continuous Cord Loop: A pulley system where the cord retains the same length no matter what position the shade is in. Beaded chain and clutch system makes raising and lowering shade easy with three clutch sizes depending on shade size. Provided with a color-coordinated bead chain, but a stainless steel bead chain is available at no extra charge upon request. The standard chain length is 3/4 of the full height of the shade. A safety guide is included to prevent chain from becoming a strangulation hazard. The front of the bottom rail is fabric covered, while the back of the bottom rail is color-coordinated to the shade fabric.
· Cordless: The shade is raised and lowered with the touch of a hand. Creates a sleek look with no chains and is the perfect safety solution for homes with children and pets. The shade always raises and lowers smoothly and easily due to a unique dual speed breaking system. Tension can be manually adjusted so shade always raises at the desired speed. Includes color-coordinated decorative tassels to facilitate easy operation and keeps fabrics clean. Optional wood tassels are available. All cordless shades need to be used on windows where the consumer can comfortably raise and lower the shade with their hand and have easy access. Very high or hard to reach windows should use the continuous cord loop or motorized feature instead. Provided with side covers to provide a finished look without a valance. The side cover is available in either white, gray, or brown, and the color-coordination is pre-determined. Side mount bracket is not available with this control option. The front of the bottom rail is fabric covered, while the back of the bottom rail is color-coordinated to the shade fabric.
· Motorized: Shades are raised and lowered with a remote control. Motorized components and accessories have a 5-year limited warranty, excluding the battery wand. Choose from two different types of motorization to best fit your needs:
o Infrared Control (IR): Requires a direct line of sight from the remote control to the satellite eye. Provided with a System 2 Remote by Somfy. Somfy’s infrared remote is compatible with Bali Solar/Roller shades infrared motors and is an economical choice for motorizing shades. A direct-line of sight receiver on the shade is required for proper operation. When operating a shade with a valance, a 10” satellite eye is also required.
o Radio Frequency Control (RF): Allows shade operation from virtually anywhere in the house without a direct line of sight. Operates multiple shades simultaneously or individually. There are several remote options available to choose from to best fit your needs:
§ Telis Single Channel RTS Remote in Pure: Somfy’s Telis single channel remote is compatible with other Bali RF motors. Use to control a single blind or group of blinds performing the same function from up to 65 ft away. This is compatible with the Decora wall switches and Chronis timer. This is a great solution to operate shades without a direct line of sight.
§ Telis Five Channel RTS Remote in Pure: Somfy’s Telis Five Channel remote is compatible with other Bali RF motors. Use to control multiple shades independently, in a group setting, or multiple groups from up to 65 ft away. It is compatible with Decora wall switches and Chronis timer. This is a great solution to control shades in multiple rooms.
§ Decora Single Channel RTS Wall Switch in White or Ivory: Somfy’s single channel wall switch is compatible with other Bali RF motors. Provides the same functions as the Telis single channel remote with the convenience of a wall switch. The wall switch is battery operated so there is no hard wiring required. Available in colors to match your homes existing light switches.
§ Decora Five Channel RTS Wall Switch in White or Ivory: Somfy’s five channel wall switch is compatible with other Bali RF motors. It provides the same functions as the Telis five channel remote with the convenience of a wall switch. The wall switch is battery operated so there is no hard wiring required. Available in colors to match yoru homes existing light switches.
§ Chronis RTS Timer: Somfy’s digital timer is compatible with other Bali RF motors. The Chronis timer can be programmed to automatically operate shades at a predetermined time each date or at different times every day of the week. Or the astronomical (Cosmic) setting may be applied to automatically operate shades in accordance to sunrise and sunset. Additionally, a security mode may be enabled to randomly operate shades, simulating an occupied home while you are away. Provides the ultimate controls for your motorized shades.
· Standard Roll: The fabric rolls down from the back of the shade and the roll is visible.
· Reverse Roll: The fabric rolls from the front of the shade and the roll is not visible.
· Square Corner Valance: An optional square-corner PVC, channel panel valance. For inside mount shades, returns are not included. For outside mount shades, returns are included. A valance only option is available for Continuous Cord Loop shades. A single valance is available up to 192” in width should you choose to cover multiple shades with a single valance. The fabric will not be continuous in these instances.
· Cassette Valance: An optional curved, sleek, aluminum-extruded, fabric covered valance. Available with cordless, motorized, and continuous cord loop shades. The curved valance must be ordered at the same time as the shade. It is not possible to order a valance for a shade after the shade has been made. There are two valance sizes available in large or small. When displaying multiple shades in a room, it is possible to request a large valance be used on all shades; however it is not possible to substitute the small valance for the large.
· Wood Cornice: Cornices are optional with your shade order. They are crafted from premium hardwood with fine furniture quality and available in two different sizes and two different styles (below). L brackets are included for easy installation. Please supply the size of the shade ordered and the manufacturer will make the appropriate deductions. For outside mount, cornices are supplied with returns to cover the end of the shade back to the mounting surface. Outside mount cornices are not available without returns. For inside mount, they are not supplied with returns and look best when the shade and cornice can be completely recessed. The ends of the inside mount cornices will be straight cut and are not provided with dust covers. Cornices are shipped separate from the shade and the manufacturer recommends installing the shade and cornice at the same time.
o Regal Wood: available in either 5 1/2” or 7 1/2” size and in stained or painted finishes. It crowns your shades with style and sophistication.
o Noble Wood: A stately design available in either 5 1/2” or 7 1/2” size and in stained or painted finishes. It lends an impressive appearance to larger, wider windows.
· Fabric Wrapped Cornice: Available in most fabrics (see specifications for availability) to create a coordinated statement with your shade, or use a bold contrasting fabric. L brackets are supplied for easy installation. Polyester batting under the fabric creates an upholstered appearance and a white fabric liner covers the dust cover and inside of the cornice for a finished look. Fabric will be turned width for height. In cases of normal shade fabric orientation the pattern on the fabric will run perpendicular to the pattern of the shade. Cornices are shipped separately from the shade and the manufacturer recommends installing the shade and cornice at the same time.
· Standard Straight Hem: A straight bottom hem
· Decorative Hem: Choose from a variety of different decorative bottom hem options for a decorative look. The design repeats across the width of the shade. Must be ordered with gimp, 3/8” braid trim, or 2 1/4” fringe. The finished blind height is measured at the hem bar. Scallops extend 5 3/4” past the hem bar.
Minimum Depth No Valance Side Mount: 3/4"
Minimum Depth No Valance Top Mount: 4 1/8"
Flush Mounting Depth No Valance: 4 1/8"
Minimum Depth Small Cassette Valance: 1 3/8"
Flush Mounting Depth Small Cassette Valance: 3 5/8"
Minimum Depth Medium Cassette Valance: 1 3/4"
Flush Mounting Depth Medium Cassette Valance: 4 1/4"
Minimum Depth Large Cassette Valance: 1 3/4"
Flush Mounting Depth Large Cassette Valance: 5 1/2"
Minimum Mount Depth Contour Valance: 2 7/16"
Flush Mounting Depth Contour Valance: 5 1/4"
Minimum Mount Depth Cordless/Smart Pull-No Valance: 2"
Flush Mounting Depth Cordless/Smart Pull-No Valance: 2 1/2"
Mounting Hardware: All mounting hardware is included with your order! Projection brackets and hold down brackets also available upon request.
Continuous Cord Loop
Width: 13"-70"* with normal fabric orientation
Cordless and Smart Pull
Width: 13"-70"* with normal fabric orientation
Width: 16"-70"* with normal fabric orientation
*Please Note: To accommodate wider windows, fabric can be turned 90 degrees clockwise (width for height), however the height is then restricted. When displaying multiple shades in the same room, we recommend all shadse be ordered with the same fabric orientation for a consistent look. For assistance with wider widths, please contact us.